At Glendale Video Solutions we specialize in film transfer. We also understand that movie film tends to deteriorate over time. During that time, the aging process has been hard at work degrading your film. Our film transfer cleaning and reconditioning process is a must to get the best possible picture quality during your transfer to DVD or External drive.
The cleaning process and materials we use are the same as those used by film archives around the world. We use a professional film cleaning solution that is applied to two linen pads and then your film is slowly guided between these pads. This solution cleans dust and debris from the film, and more importantly, it cleans built up oxidation from your film. This oxidation makes your film less clear and it is also what eats away at your film as it builds up. The cleaning and reconditioning process also lubricates your film and applies a protective layer to your film that helps prevent future oxidation. The result is a better picture on your DVD and a longer life for the film.
We have invested in a fully equipped, film transfer digital studio that enables us to expertly transfer film to DVDs or a hard drive. Once your video is digital it can be preserved for decades without losing its quality.
At our studio, each film conversion is overseen and controlled by our trained and experienced technicians. Converting film to digital formats is one of the most tedious and time consuming services that we offer.
Why Transfer Your Films to DVDs
Easy Access of DVD Players
– Locating an old film projector in this new age is quite difficult. Most are obsolete and those available are treated as antiques with unaffordable price tags. On the contrary, DVD players are all around us and affordable.
DVDs Are Made for Durability
– The quality of your films will inevitably deteriorate with age, but DVDs are made to preserve your movies for decades. We transfer your film to platinum archivable master DVD’s rated to last 100 years.
DVDs Are Readily Sharable
– A film reel makes distributing or sharing your film with friends or family difficult if not impossible, DVDs (digital formats) are easily sharable.
In short, the era of viewing a reel of film using a noisy projector and a movie screen is long gone – now is the time to upgrade your films to the latest digital format.
Film Transfer at Its Best
We use a frame by frame High Definition film capture method, advanced enough to get rid of the flicker on your aging film with a completely digital path and the highest quality capturing codec (Apple pro-res 422) your home movies will look fantastic. After the transfer process is complete, the files captured by the computer are then edited. We adjust contrast; brightness and color to make your film transfer look as good as possible. This isn’t just an automatic process either. We actually review your footage scene by scene add transitions and make adjustments manually. This is another painstaking process that help you get the best possible quality for your film. Technological advancement is awesome!
You can have us put your movies on, DVDs, flash Drive, Blu-Ray Discs, or external hard drive, we offer several different file extensions – MP4, AVI, MOV, and many more. Make sure you choose one that is right for you, if unsure, contact us and our experts will advise you accordingly.
Benefits and Reasons for Choosing GVS
- High definition scanning for all films
- Professional video transitions in between scenes.
- Minor editing and image corrections where necessary
- Frame by frame high definition image capture and color correction
- Individual attention, where each project is handled by professional editors. Your film is cleaned repaired and conditioned before it is transferred.
- Affordable pricing
- Fast delivery
- Premium Customer Support